Welcome to Vizjerei Clan Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The conversion to the new forums and skin is done. Information, as well as to leave feedback and comments can be done so by going to thread: [NEW FOR 4.1.X FORUMS] - Feedback & Support

drjdredscythe

Forum Upgrading v3.4.x to v4.1.x [February 20-21]

26 posts in this topic

I am finally able to get the board up to the latest version 4.1.x.

However, unlike in the past where it was more or less security updates, this is a new version - hence the "4"

I will be doing full, multiple back ups and doing a lot of test on a beta version hidden for from veiw. Once everything looks good, I'll move up the official forums to it.

During that time the board may go back to its default look and may be missing one or two of the plugins till I can find suitable replacements.

I'll keep this post updated as things move along.

~(lesser) management 

Thanks for the heads up, anything particularly exciting or useful we can look forward to in the new version?

-Should be more stable

-SHOULD finally fix some of the lingering issues some people have had, mainly IE being just weird.
-Already have a skin in mind that if works, will auto change between backgrounds based on time so no more 1am, coming to the forums and being blasted by bright light (woot!)
-Having all updated plugins so don't have to worry as much using outdated plugins.
-etc.

will auto change between backgrounds based on time so no more 1am, coming to the forums and being blasted by bright light (woot!)

This makes it all worth it 10x over :P

Just updating:

I wasn't able to (Life....damnit) do anything upgrading wise this past weekend.

I however was able to do some research on it. This will take a little time.

Basically the process is going to be:

• Make a duplicate of the forums on the server
  • Make new database and import current forums database into it
  • Check it works and functions
  • Run it through the upgrade process
  • Make sure it works and see what doesn't / doesn't come up (images and such)
  • Get that stuff working
  • Test new template
  • Record all the steps, problems, work arounds.
  • Get the Officers to make sure it works on their end, record issues.

^If all that works, do it for real on this forum (after last moment back up) which may record one (1) day of being off-line to do without lose of posts and such..

I will most likely be upgrading - for realz this time - the forums Saturday night.

As we get closer I will let all now what is going to happen as it will require me to put the forums in Offline Mode.

Will be upgrading forums at roughly 1pm EST

Forums will be in offline mode till upgrading is done

I will be on mumble during the processes for handling questions.

TY

Good job on the conversion. Everything looks better now, far more pleasant on the eyes.

I don't like change.

I haven't noticed any bugs yet. 

Spectrum perma-dark theme is perfect. Thanks.

Ok so I keep getting this annoying notification without an option to block it....any ideas?

sDlbGY5.png

Edited by BDF

However, how do I re-enable my forum sig.

Maybe it's just me but I am having this problem. I can not see the icons in the toolbar, I use google chrome.

27-03-2016 10-42-40 p-m-.jpg

I've had the same issue lately with the icons, but I didn't have that issue at the beginning.

On 28/3/2016 at 8:50 AM, BDF said:

I've had the same issue lately with the icons, but I didn't have that issue at the beginning.

exactly, can this be fixed?

Same in Chrome and my Android browser (Android 6.0)

Got a Dark version of the default skin, see more info here:

I have temporarily removed the Perma-Dark skins because that is the issue causing the issue. Probably something going off in the code. Since it was a paid skin with support, I hope to have the issue resolved soon. Will keep you up to date.

Interesting, as I cycled through the themes it appears you're right.  All but the one you just added and the default spectrum didn't show the icons.  Swapped to the IPS4 Dark theme and they're back.

Thanks Dred!