Welcome to Vizjerei Clan Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The conversion to the new forums and skin is done. Information, as well as to leave feedback and comments can be done so by going to thread: [NEW FOR 4.1.X FORUMS] - Feedback & Support

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaetch

Help Desk #03: Tal Rasha Gameplay for Greater Rifts

This entry for the Help Desk will feature one variant of Tal Rasha gameplay for Greater Rifts. As of this article, Patch 2.2 is only a few days old so plenty of players are still trying to gear up and find their way. However, this variant of the Tal Rasha wizard is incredibly strong, and in my opinion, one that provides more consistent results.

This is a melee spec. You will always be right in the middle of action. You'll take your share of hits, but you'll also be locking things down as they hit you. The frantic yet elegant style of play is reminiscent of the CM wizard back in classic D3. If that caught your attention, then read on.

For the video, if you want to skip the blabbing, you can start around 6:33 to watch the demo run (GR52).

hMNJyd6.png

There is a L2P side to this build. You'll have to figure out the cycling for Tal Rasha stacks, when to engage, when to disengage, and which enemies to focus your crowd control. Unfortunately, this all comes after you acquire some rather rare or "difficult to roll" items, including an ancient Serpent's Sparker, a pre-2.2 ancient Tal Rasha source with Hydra damage (you can use the new Meteor one if you don't have an older source), Halo of Arlyse and Ancient Parthan Defenders.

This build can be found in the complementary guide located in the official wizard forum.

I don't know what is more impressive  to me, the fact that you got Arc Lightning involved (man I love that skill) or how awesomely and flawlessly your graphics and video are formatted.

This and other projects you put forth would take me the better half of a year to even attempt to accomplish.  Even then, I'd probably still screw it up.

Thanks for sharing.  I don't have the ring, but the other stuff is a go.

Build works, no previous experience with APD or Halo ring. Very fun and similar to CM, cept less lock down of course.

1 try = Clear 51 in 11:30. Rank 45 in US.

Too casual now.

I tried it for the first time yesterday and I thought it was really fun. I still have issues with dealing with ranged monsters and elites with Frozen/Arcane beams but overall I enjoy this build despite using a non ias ancient sparker and 2.2 tal's source. Once I get this L2P down and some upgrades, gg!

Need ... that ... bloody ... ring.

Been using this exact same build for a few days now. Previously had Ice Blades/Flash since it was a little more "available" than Arc Lightning/Blizzard (I tend to run out of AP in big groups) but then again, I was running Blur with that build and not AD. 

Still don't have a usable Tal ammy so can't use TnT just yet. Also, no a.SS so using an a.Sunkeeper. Feels like the DPS loss from double Hydra is pretty huge so I'm using CoE/Halo instead of Unity. 

The one problem I'm having trouble adjusting to is that the recovery after Spectral Blades is shorter than Electrocute. Feels like I'm "stuck" there for a bit before I can move again. I guess that's the trade off for double attack speed. 

Need ... that ... bloody ... ring.

Coming from the guy who found GG versions of everything back in 2.1.. hahaha

I tried it for the first time yesterday and I thought it was really fun. I still have issues with dealing with ranged monsters and elites with Frozen/Arcane beams but overall I enjoy this build despite using a non ias ancient sparker and 2.2 tal's source. Once I get this L2P down and some upgrades, gg!

For arcane beams, I hold right click (Calamity) and guide myself around to the more dense mobs. I use Gizzard so that slight moment when you're "not there", you still heal a bit to take the next Illusionist proc then immediately teleport again infinitely. Tal4p is so strong in that sense. Sometimes you gotta teleport out of the mess and cast the element you're getting hit by to tank up against it then teleport back in. 

Did anyone tested if Magic Weapon - Deflection's shield is getting stacks from Halo's Frost Nova?

Did anyone tested if Magic Weapon - Deflection's shield is getting stacks from Halo's Frost Nova?

Yes, the proc will give you a stack.

NN, misread your question.

Edited by dolynick

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts